Cowboy's Guide To Life
by Bob Hardison
- Most of the stuff people worry about ain't never gonna happen anyway.
- Life ain't about how fast you run, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
- Words that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.
- Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
- Forgive your enemies. It messes up their heads.
- Don't sell your mule to buy a plow.
- If you're ridin' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there with ya.
- Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you. You cannot unsay a cruel word.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't botherin' you none.
- Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
- The easiest way to eat crow is while it's still warm. The colder it gets, the harder it is to swaller.
- If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.
- The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with looks at you in the mirror every mornin'.
- Don't worry about bitin' off more 'n you can chew; your mouth is probably a whole lot bigger'n you think.
- Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.
- Remember: Don't squat with your spurs on.
- Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.
- If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.
- Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin' it back in.
- The best sermons are lived, not preached.
- Keep skunks and politicians and lawyers at a distance.
- It don't take a very big person to carry a grudge.
- If it don't seem like it's worth the effort, it probably ain't.
- It's better to be a has-been than a never-was.
- Meanness don't just happen overnight.
- When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
Author: Bob Hardison
to: Insights Index |